Discover the world of David Astle here.
But first, can you solve this week’s puzzle?
DA Puzzle 4
Three more current players to figure out this week, hidden in DA’s wordplay. All three hail from the one club, with clues arranged from mild to masochistic. Who’s in this week’s lineup?
1. Why search jars? (5,4)
2. Ask for quiet, and get quiet in a fonder crush (5,7)
2. Bear rolling article near crudest regulars (3,8)
SOLUTION NEXT WEEK
LAST WEEK’S SOLUTION: A-dam’s-chneider [anag], D-avid-Arm-it-age, Stephen Milne [anag minus R]
LAST WEEK’S PUZZLE:
DA has selected three new players from the one club to be clued. Remember, these clues rely on wordplay only, without any definition. Likewise, the level of diffulcty climbs with each clue. Which club has been targeted, and who is the current trio?
1. A farm female’s awfully nice herd (4,9)
2. Leader of defence keen to equip it before time (5,8)
3. Defaced replenishment supply (7,5)