Discover the world of David Astle here.
But first, can you solve this week’s puzzle?
DA Puzzle 11
Three more current players to figure out this week, hidden in DA’s wordplay. All three play for the one club, with clues arranged from friendly to fiendish. Who’s in this week’s squad?
1. River adjoins hazy promontory (6,9)
2. Quivering cowardliness out west (6,5)
3. Rustle? (4,5)
SOLUTION NEXT WEEK
LAST WEEK’S PUZZLE:
DA Puzzle 10
Here’s another trio of clues, pointing to current players from the one club. Keep in mind the clues are purely wordplay, with no definition. You’ll also find that the clues are ordered – in Brownlow style – from kind (1) to killer (3). Away you go.
1. Heard Tasmania town (and state) lost paid player (6,5)
2. Wildly annoyed covering tight wingers (4,5)
3. Spooner’s bogus saying (3,4)
LAST WEEK’S SOLUTION: CROWS: Bernie Vince [province – pro], Andy Otten [anag around TT], Sam Shaw